Part-Time Facilities Maintenance Technician
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing general building maintenance of equipment, property structures, furnishings, and grounds. This position will also perform general cleaning and interact with vendors performing services.
Practical thought process and strong attention to detail and safety awareness.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
Ability to work independently and responsibly with minimal supervision.
Ability to prioritize tasks, understand and follow specified directions and procedures.
Basic knowledge and understanding of general maintenance processes including electrical and plumbing systems.
Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and office devices.
Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
High school diploma/GED, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
REQUIREMENTS AND DUTIES:
- Performs minor electrical maintenance replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Perform a variety of minor plumbing maintenance to ensure functionality (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, replacing parts, etc.).
- Perform a variety of minor carpentry and masonry repairs when necessary, conduct general upkeep (e.g. fitting locks and handles, doors, windows, laying donor bricks, etc.)
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Reconfigure, install, position and/or remount modular offices and space to accommodate staff needs and maximize office space using necessary tools.
- Effectively interface with vendors at Lewisville and Denton offices.
- Keep hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, parking lots, and other work areas free of debris/trash.
- Light travel between Lewisville and Denton office locations as needed.
- Able to work flexible hours within normal 8:00am to 5:00pm business hours Monday through Friday.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to lift more than 50 lbs.