Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt, Part-time
The Childcare Provider will provide on-site childcare to children ages 0-17 years, while their family members are receiving therapeutic services and/or client services from the agency. The Childcare Provider will engage children in constructive activities while ensuring safety and confidentiality for each child. Hours for childcare vary and will range from 9am – 9pm, Monday – Friday.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide childcare to children (0-17 years of age) whose family members are receiving therapeutic services from the Children’s Advocacy Center for Denton County (CACDC)
- Provide childcare to children for scheduled Forensic Interviews to allow for Family Consults with Family Advocates, law enforcement, DFPS, and the Denton County District Attorney’s Office
- Must be willing to work at both Lewisville / Denton offices including off-site event locations
- Engage children in constructive group and/or individual activities including, but not limited to, arts, crafts, reading, games, outdoor activities, etc.
- Prevent interruption and disruption of CACDC clinical services unless there is an emergency
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each child while under CACDC care
- Ensure childcare rooms are maintained clean, organized and safe
- Communicate frequently with the Childcare Supervisor, Client Services and the Clinical Team regarding children in care
- When childcare is not needed, the Childcare Provider will assist in greeting guests and vendors, notifying therapists and Family Advocates of appointments upon arrival, the maintenance of client areas and the childcare room, assisting therapists and Family Advocates with daily tasks, etc.
- Attend monthly Childcare meeting, monthly All Staff meeting and scheduled trainings
- Participate in an on-call schedule for holidays and crisis events as needed
- Maintain confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum & preferred Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must pass local and national Criminal Background and DFPS background checks prior to employment
- Available at least 3 days and evenings per week depending on need; 30 hour maximum
- At least 1 year experience in providing childcare
- Must be able to lift or carry 25 lbs
- Reliable transportation and ability to respond to requests on short notice
- CPR Certified – Certification will be made available upon hire
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred