Director of Development
Position Overview: This full-time position is responsible for all fundraising initiatives - capital campaign, annual fund, major gifts, fundraising committees, special events, donor relations, community education, and the volunteer program for the agency. The Development Director oversees five full-time staff members and works closely with multiple donors and volunteers to help provide needed resources for the organization. The position also works with the CEO on public relations and execution of the agency’s Development Plan. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of the Leadership Team to determine strategic directions, manage budget and act as a liaison for all Development, Marketing and Educational services for agency.
- Responsible for creation and execution of the agency’s Development Plan in order to ensure the agency meets fundraising goals.
- Responsible for execution of development strategy to achieve annual operating budget.
- Direct supervision of agency’s Development Team including Assistant Development Director, Grant Writer, Community Outreach and Events Coordinator, Development Services Coordinator, and Community Outreach Coordinator.
- Oversee and provide direction for agency’s special event fundraisers.
- Identify and initiate contact with high potential financial supporters and maintains a portfolio of current high-level donors.
- Serve as primary staff liaison to the agency’s Development Committee and serve as part of the leadership team to the Board of Directors.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with the agency’s Gift Acceptance Policy.
- Oversight of agency’s donor software program.
- Ensure effective donor stewardship and communications.
- Oversee execution of agency’s community education plan.
- Provide presentations to community, civic, and professional groups.
- Oversees agency’s relations with local media and insures execution of marketing and public relations efforts.
- Oversees agency’s website, events website, and social media presence.
- Work with the CEO and Board to execute special fundraising initiatives and annual donor appeals.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelor degree, preferably in public relations, business, marketing, or non-profit management.
* 5 – 7 years experience in development and/or volunteer management including 3-4 years of supervisory experience.
* Demonstrated ability to acquire major gifts for a non-profit organization.
* Strong public speaking and writing skills.
* Computer competency, including knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
* Knowledge of CPS/law enforcement/DA organizations a plus.